On November 19th, 2009 I had a wonderful time being interviewed for Authors Access with Victor R. Volkman and Irene Watson about whether Press Releases are still revelant to marketing and promoting books.
We covered a wide-range of talking points, including:
* So What Exactly Is A News Release?
* Why Is This So Hard To Do? What Makes This So Special?
* So What Exactly Do Media People Look For When They Receive A News Release?
* So What Do You Need To Do To Write A News Release That Really Works & Truly Gets Media Attention?
* How do you know when you’re ready?
* What Specifically Should Authors Do To Create This Galvanizing Candy This Magic Script.
* What is the Magic Formula (DPAA+H)? (“Dramatic Personal Achievement in the face of Adversity, plus a little Humor”)
* Which Are Better For Authors To Aim At – Book Reviews Or Feature Stories & Why?
* How do you know when you achieve success with a news release?
* So once you have a trash proof news release, what do you do with it
A pdf file that summarizes all the talking points is also available here:
The Trash Proof News Releases is available as a free ebook at Smashwords:
If you write what you think is a trash proof news release, send it to me and I’ll send you my extra two bits!